SHIBUYA GAIGO GAKUIN NEWS
Shibuya Gaigo Gakuin Important Announcement
August 19, 2021
Dear SGG Students and Applicants,
We hope you enjoyed your Summer Break and perhaps viewing the Summer Olympics.
By now you may all be aware of the COVID-19 escalation and severity in Tokyo. On the basis of the worsening situation, we felt it was necessary to provide the students transparent details in regards to the future terms at this school.At this current rate, we discussed various options and after analyzing our resources, we have officially decided our Student Visa course will no longer be offered depending on when Immigration restrictions and the country travel bans have been lifted.
- If the new students are able to enter Japan in October 2021, the Student Visa course will be discontinued end of September 2022 when most students, including the new ones, will graduate.
- If the restrictions continue in October, we are in hopes the new students will be able to enter Japan in January 2022 without cancellation of the current COE, and the Student Visa course will be discontinued end of December 2022 when most students, including the new ones, will graduate.
- If the restrictions continue in January 2022, unfortunately the school will not have enough resources to continue the Student Visa course in 2022, therefore the Student Visa term will be discontinued end of March 2022.
What this means for you:
- You will not be able to reapply through our school for a new COE or COE in the future
- Visa renewals on current Student Visa holders generally will not be allowed, however can be processed depending on each individual’s circumstance.
- We will offer transfer support to other Language Schools before your graduation. As a reminder, it is possible to transfer to another school as long as you have a valid student visa and you finalize your transfer procedure before your last term with our school has concluded.
- Online lessons will continue unless the situation improves significantly.
- If you decide to transfer or end your studies with our school, we will refund you the remaining tuition fee without any cancellation fee or transfer handling fee costs.
- If your Student Visa validity date expires after April next year, you may need to transfer to a different Language School before the deadline, if you wish to keep your student status. ※Note: Under usual circumstances the maximum number of months allowed by the Immigration to study in Japanese Language Schools is 24 months.
- For those who are abroad awaiting to enter Japan, you will not be able to postpone your enrollment with us to April term or later.
- If you are considering the idea of postponing your entry to Japan to April 2022 or later, we suggest looking into the application period of other schools for the April 2022 term. If you were planning on enrolling in January and travel bans are still in place, you will not be able to enroll into another school in April as the COE application deadline would have passed.
In addition, we would like to address the current pandemic situation in Tokyo specifically. With the recent spike in the number of cases in Tokyo and in Japan, the probability of visiting clinics or hospitalization if needed, will be quite difficult. If you are currently in Japan or plan to be, please act responsibility and adhere to the general rules to prevent the spread of the virus. If you suspect you may be infected, please avoid going directly to a medical institution and contact the appropriate center instead. You can find more info in this regard at the following link: https://www.c19.mhlw.go.jp/covid-19-en.html
Finally, although we are doing our best to provide the information you need, our school is limited to the type and amount of support it can give. If you contract Covid-19 and your health worsen, the school cannot be deemed responsible. We apologize for any inconvenience. To reiterate, please act and decide responsibly, consider not only your health but the health of others as well.
As it is a complex situation, plans may change and in the case it does, we will be sure to inform all our students and applicants. It is with our deepest regret to come to such difficult decisions. We are always in hope with developments surrounding the pandemic, however it is very uncertain.With all this being said, we will await your response.
We understand you may have numerous questions, concerns and uncertainties. We will do our best to respond to you all in a timely manner. We wish you all the best during this challenging time.
Please continue to stay safe and take care of each other.
The SGG Team