Students on a Student Visa Leaving the School

April 24, 2020

For students on a Student Visa, we would like to reiterate that if you decide to officially withdraw from our school or you complete your studies and leave Japan, you have to be sure to cancel your Student Visa at airport Immigration.  Please fill out the Embarkation Card for Reentrant form permit located at the tables near the Immigration windows.  On the 【DEPARTURE】 side, you must check the box #2 stating “I do not plan to re-enter Japan while my re-entry permit is valid”.   If you are asked by the Immigration officer whether you are planning to come back to Japan in the future, even if you plan to do so you cannot do it with the same Residence Card, so be sure to answer that you want to cancel your current visa.   When you submit this to Immigration along with your Passport and Residence Card, Immigration will then stamp a hole in your Residence Card and place a Departure stamp into your Passport.  If you are withdrawing, please send us a picture of your voided Residence Card front and back, as well as a picture of your Departure Stamp so that we can complete your Withdrawal.   Failure to void your Residence Card/ Student Visa may result in issues or additional procedures if you wish to return to Japan in the future.